Webhook is a new feature to Surefire as of 11/1/2018. This feature allows a user to push a contact's information directly to another source. The source will need to be specified as a URL as this is an HTTP request. The receiving server will need to be configured appropriately, and the data pushed will be in JSON format.
To begin configuring the Webhook feature, an admin must first navigate to CRM Settings > Master Settings in the left hand menu. A new Webhook tab will be located at the top right. If you do not see this tab, then choose the ellipsis button at the right end of the tabs.
By default, the Webhook feature is Disabled. To enable the feature, it must first be configured. Choose the "Configure your company's webhook now" button to open the configuration panel.
Here there are several basic options to select.
- Enable Webhook at top left
- POST method is the only method option
- Insert the destination URL of the contact data
- Choose your Authentication Mode
- Options are Query Token and Request Header Token
- Insert your Header Key Name
- Insert your Header Key Value
- Authentication Modes and Header Values are what validate the incoming data for the recipient server. If you are unsure what to place here, please contact the recipient server manager.
- Customize your Contact Webhook Button Label. This is the text that will appear on the button for users to select within the CRM. So if contacts would be sent to Encompass, then the button could be customized to say "Push Contact to Encompass"
- Select Test
The right hand side of this panel displays all contact fields that can be sent to the recipient server, as well as a tab with sample JSON.
Once Test is selected, a sample set of data will be sent to the recipient server, and an active window will open in the Webhook feature displaying a response from the recipient server if it has been established. If any errors do arise, please ensure that configurations on both the recipient server and the Webhook feature are accurate.
User Identifiers included in the Webhook are as follows:
"fullName": "Phil Lender",
"companyName": "Top of Mind Lending",
Once initial tests have been run, it is now possible to push an actual contact. First, find the contact to push using the Webhook feature. There are two areas where the button will display.
- Ellipsis button where contacts are initially listed upon search
- Ellipsis button on the contact profile itself
The push should be relatively immediate, and a log of what contacts have been pushed can be found in the Webhook configuration area. There is also a button on the far right that will open a window displaying JSON sent to the recipient server, as well as the recipient server's response.