Your Calendar contains two types of items: Meetings and Tasks. Meetings are the traditional Calendar Events that you would enter or accept in Outlook or a similar calendar application.
You can Add a Meeting to your Calendar in the following ways:
- Click the New Item button at the top of the Calendar screen and then click Add a Meeting from the drop down menu that appears
- In Calendar view, double-click day/time slot in the Calendar grid for the desired event time.
Once initiated, you will need to fill out the details of your Event:
- Enter a Name for the Event (Required).
- In the Details section, enter a description of the Event.
- Use the Where field to record the Event location.
- Use the Starts and Ends fields to set the date and time that the Event starts and ends (Required).
- You can enter the times directly using the following format: mm/dd/yyyy 01:45 pm.
- If you click on one of the fields, an interactive Calendar window appears which you can use to select your desired date and time.
- Select from between 5 minutes and 2 weeks.
- Notice that you can enter a Start time, and then skip directly to selecting a Duration, and the system will automatically populate the Ends field.
You can choose whether you want the Event you are creating to automatically recur in your Calendar.
- The default selection for this field is "Only Once," meaning the event does not recur.
- Click on the Recurrence field to reveal a drop down menu showing the following recurrence options:
- If you select a Custom recurrence, 7 buttons appear, one for each day of the week. Click the button corresponding to the day(s) of the week on which you want this Event to recur.
Calendar Events can be designated as Appointments. An Appointment is an Event which a Surefire Contact gets invited to. This Event will then be associated in the history of that Contact.
Click the Set Reminder check box to receive an email reminder about this Event.
An Event Reminder Email can be sent out at a designated time up to one year in advance.
- In the Set a Reminder field, enter a number value for the number of [unit of time] before the start of your Event that you want to receive the Reminder Email.
- Click on the Reminder Interval field to select a unit of time (i.e. minutes, hours or days) to apply to the value entered in step 1.
- For Minutes, the number value in step 1 must be between 0 and 120
- For Hours, the number value in step 1 must be between 0 and 72
- For Days, the number value in step 1 must be between 0 and 365