Navigate to Calendar in the navigation bar to see a combined calendar and task view. Alternatively, you can add tasks by going to Calendar > Tasks.
Here, in addition to a Task's basic attributes (name, when it's scheduled to start and when it's due, etc) you can also set a task's Priority, Type, and whether to associate a Surefire Contact with the Task. When the task is complete, you can mark a Task as completed.
Your Tasks are displayed in the My Tasks section, which appears to the left of your Calendar. Or on their own here:https://sf3.tomnx.com/#/calendar/tasks
You can view your Tasks in a detailed list view on a separate page by clicking the View All link that appears at the top of this section.
Here is the detailed list view:
Adding a Task From the Calendar View
Click the New Item button at the top of the Calendar screen and then click Add a Task from the drop-down menu that appears. The Add Task window will appear.
- In the Add Task window, enter a Name for the Task (Required).
- In the Details section, enter a description of the Task.
- Use the Priority drop-down menu to assign a priority to the Task. Select from:
- Phone Call
- To Do
- You can enter a date directly using the following format: mm/dd/yyyy.
- Alternatively, you can click on each of the fields to reveal an interactive Calendar window, which you can use to select your desired Start and Due dates.
- If your tasks do not automatically sync with your calendar, you may wish to have your tasks emailed to you.
- Toggle the Email Task to Inbox to 'Yes' if you wish for the task to be emailed to your email. With this option enabled, you will receive calendar invites via email which will allow you to easily add tasks to your calendar.
- See the Enable Emailing Calendar Invites article if you do not see this option.
Adding a Contact to a Task
You can associate a Surefire Contact with a Task so you know which Contact it relates to.
To associate a Contact with the Task you are creating in the Add a Task pop up window, simply type all or part of the Contact's name into the Add Contact field. The system will search Surefire for contacts matching your entry.
Marking a Task as Completed
When a Task is marked as completed (by clicking the Mark as Completed checkbox), the Task will no longer appear in your Task List.
Completed Tasks are labeled with a completion date.
There are a number of other ways you can mark a Task as completed.
- In the My Tasks sidebar, click the check box next to the task that you want to mark as completed.
- In the My Tasks sidebar, click the button next to the desired task and select Mark as Completed.
- Go to the Detailed Tasks View under Calendar > Tasks and click the checkbox
- Go to the Detailed Tasks View under Calendar > Tasks and click the three-dot menu
When you complete a task in any of these ways a pop-up modal will appear which prompts you to mark it as:
You can also click 'Create follow up task' to schedule a follow-up task
You also may want to leave a note about the task you can do so by checking 'Add contact note'.
If you've made contact with the person, check 'Contacted person' so that the 'last contacted in the contact record updates for you.